Flash drives or Pen drives gives you freedom to carry your data with you or transfer it to other computers. These days, all personal computers and laptops come with USB port, making it convenient to mobilize your data using Pen drives. However, a lot of pen drives get corrupted because of various reasons.
In case you are also stuck with this problem of corrupted flash drives, you don’t need to visit a computer hardware shop or a technician. You can fix the problem yourself. To make the flash drive working again, you can either try to restore the data back or format it that actually will erase the data.
Steps for Restoring:
- Click on the Windows “Start” button.
- Click on Computer or My Computer tab. It will show your Flash drive icon there.
- Right click on your flash drive and choose “Properties”.
- Click on “Tools”
- On the new dialog box, under Error checking to fix your flash drive, Click “Check Now” button.
Steps for Reformatting the Flash Drive
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Next, click on Computer or My Computer tab.
- Right click on your flash drive and select “Format”.
- Now click on Start at bottom of this dialog box.
Warning : If you choose to reformat your flash drive, it will erase the data.